Support memberships and programs
Moreland Council is committed to helping reduce the barriers to participating in sport and activity.
Active Moreland offers several memberships and programs to help those in our community who are least likely or unable to participate.
Participation Support Membership
Those who are eligible for a Participation Support Membership can access a reduced or free centre based membership and/or program fee.
To be eligible for a Participation Support Membership:
- Must be referred by a support agency
- Must hold a valid health care card or pension card (unless a child – then eligible for concession through their parent or guardian)
- Must reside within Moreland
- Any further support provided after an initial 3 month membership will be based on participants meeting the following criteria: - Attendance over the three month period of an average of three sessions per fortnight
- - Provision of an updated referral letter
- - Meeting with a health club trainer to revise and update their program and goals
- - Financial contribution dependant on their renewal period as listed above
Concession Support Membership
As part of Moreland’s commitment to Equity and Social Justice and supporting people who are least likely or able to participate, eligible community members will be able to obtain a discounted (concession support) centre based membership.
Support is available through:
- A financial commitment made by the participant as per the concession support membership fees and charges (this equates to approximately 45% of a full membership).
- Options available are: - Three month concession support membership paid in full upfront upon commencement
Asylum Seeker Membership
Asylum seekers who either reside, study or access services in the City of Moreland and those who are not gainfully employed may be eligible for an Asylum seeker membership.
This membership offers free access to aquatic and leisure facilities via 3 or 6 month centre-based term membership, and free access to swimming lessons for children (where vacancies exist).
For enquire about the Asylum seeker membership, email asylum seeker membership or contact your nearest centre.
Open Doors Program
We aim to build strong people, families and communities by providing health-promoting programs. Unfortunately because of financial hardship not everyone has equal access to the services needed to lead a healthy and active life.
Open Doors aims to ensure that no one is denied access by raising funds.
To see if you are eligble for this program please enquire here
In line with recent Victorian Government announcement, Active Moreland Aquatic & Leisure centres will reopen from Wednesday 28 July!